Stop procrastinating and start doing – get out of your head and take small steps to fulfilling your dreams. I’m just going to be 100% straightforward with you on this… that’s why you’re here? For accountability?
A Dream Deferred
You’ve always wanted to work for yourself. You’ve dreamed of taking business meetings with your team in your well-designed office or you’ve envisioned looking over spec sheets for your new seasonal product line. But they’re still dreams. Dreams that are burning a hole in your head – or maybe it’s become a nightmare?
Reality or Procrastination?
Do you tell yourself that you’ll get started on your big plans at some future date? Like, maybe after the kids graduate from college? Or, maybe you’ll begin before, during, or after some major holiday?
There always seems to be a good reason for you not to get started. Don’t beat yourself up too badly, though. We’ve all been there a time or two… and for some of us… 9, 10, elevum times. And at various stages of our lives.
Still in denial? If so, read on… 👀
Does any of the below sound familiar to you? (Be honest and let me know in the comments.)
- It’s not the perfect time. Are you waiting for the stars to align and the heavens to tap you on the shoulder and give you permission? If so, you’ll be waiting a long time. The time will never be perfect to get started on something significant, so just get started.
- Something else has to happen first. Maybe you’re waiting for the kids to move out or for the mortgage to be paid off. Or you’re waiting until your next promotion. Just remember, time waits for no man…
- You need more money. Regardless of your budget, there’s something you can do to get started today. Even if it’s just doing research and learning new skills, you can do something. There’s never enough money. You’ll find the money you need along the way.
- You’re waiting for Monday, or the first of the month, or the first of the year. So many people wait until Monday to start a diet, or the first of the month to begin an exercise routine. There’s nothing magical about any date on the calendar. The calendar is a man-made invention. No reason to be bound by it.
- Question to Ask Yourself: Will you get more accomplished if you start today or wait another three weeks?
I’m going to guess that if you do just one thing (one small thing) towards your business idea, in three weeks, you’re going to be a lot further along than you think.
I’m dropping a follow-up to this article in the next few days. If you enjoyed and don’t want to miss out on the next one subscribe to my blog and then follow me on Instagram for more tips for aspiring and new entrepreneurs.
As always, #GetInspired #StayMotivated #YourDreamsAreOnTheOtherSideOfFear